The Housing and Communities Agency (HCA) Vulnerable and Older People Advisory Group provides advice and assistance to help us meet the needs of vulnerable and older people’s housing.
Role of the group
The group provides advice on housing that meets the needs of vulnerable and older people through our strategies and programmes. Members provide expert advice on relevant issues including specialist housing development, good practice, planning and changing markets in housing for vulnerable and older people.
The group members are:
- Jeremy Porteus, Chair and National Programme Lead, Networks, Putting People First, Department of Health
- Sue Adams, Chair, Housing and Ageing Alliance, and Chief Executive, Care and Repair England
- Jackie Adusei. Chief Executive, Ekaya Housing
- Terrie Alafat, Director Housing Growth and Affordable Housing, Department for Communities and Local Government
- Roger Battersby, Managing Partner, PRP Architects
- Lord Richard Best, President, Local Government Association
- Gary Day, Executive Director, McCarthy and Stone
- Domini Gunn-Peim, Director of Health and Wellbeing - Chartered Institute of Housing
- Bob Lane - HCA Board member
- Peter Molyneux, Chair, SW London and St George’s Mental Health NHS Trust
- Andrew van Doorn, Deputy Chief Executive, Housing Associations’ Charitable Trust
- Paul Watson MBE, Managing Director, Guinness Care and Support
- Jon Rouse, Director General, Department of Health
Terms of reference
set out the group’s objectives and explain its governance.