The CPET service ends on 31 March 2016.
We offer support to public sector bodies and their suppliers who need to comply with government rules on the sustainable sourcing of timber.
We also give advice and information on sustainable palm oil for UK businesses and government procurers, as well as information to woodfuel buyers and suppliers.
Who we are
The Central Point of Expertise on Timber (CPET) is run by LTS and Efeca, who are contracted by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs. Our core team is supported by a resource pool which provides additional support.
We’re responsible for giving advice and information on:
- Timber Procurement Policy (TPP): how UK public sector buyers and their suppliers can comply with the policy
- wood fuel: how all buyers and suppliers can make sure their wood fuel is from sustainably managed forests
- sustainable palm oil: advice to UK businesses and government procurers. We also review how much sustainable palm oil is used in the UK on an annual basis
We don’t give advice on:
- EU timber regulations - see instead EU timber regulation: guidance for business and industry.
To share advice and information we:
- staff a helpdesk which can be reached using the contact information below
- publish timber and palm oil newsletters you can subscribe to
- host free workshops on the TPP and palm oil
All our resources and publications relating to the Central Point of Expertise on Timber (CPET) - timber, woodfuel and palm oil can be found in our document collection.
We run regular free half-day workshops on TPP where you can find out:
- how to comply with the UK government’s TPP
- how to check evidence of compliance
- what are the 6 steps you must follow in order to be TPP-compliant
- when you can ask for evidence during the tender process
Book your place by emailing us on email@example.com.
Priority will be given to public sector buyers and their direct suppliers.
To be confirmed
Helpline: 01305 236 100