We also give advice and information on sustainable palm oil for UK businesses and government procurers, as well as information to woodfuel buyers and suppliers.
Who we are
The Central Point of Expertise on Timber (CPET) is run by LTS and Efeca, who are contracted by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs. Our core team is supported by a resource pool which provides additional support.
We’re responsible for giving advice and information on:
- Timber Procurement Policy (TPP): how UK public sector buyers and their suppliers can comply with the policy
- wood fuel: how all buyers and suppliers can make sure their wood fuel is from sustainably managed forests
- sustainable palm oil: advice to UK businesses and government procurers. We also review how much sustainable palm oil is used in the UK on an annual basis
We don’t give advice on:
- EU timber regulations - see instead EU timber regulation: guidance for business and industry.
To share advice and information we:
- staff a helpdesk which can be reached using the contact information below
- publish timber and palm oil newsletters you can subscribe to
- host free workshops on the TPP and palm oil
Helpline: 01305 236 100