Detail of outcome
This consultation closed on 27 January 2016. Very few responses were received and withdrawal of seven of the ESCs went ahead from April 2017 as planned.
Update notes were published for two ESCs:
- A94 theatre angels
- BIM66301 sub-postmasters
These ESCs have been retained for current users until 31 March 2019 and 5 April 2019 respectively.
Click to read the notes and the updated ESC publications.
HMRC would like to gather evidence from those who have relevant data about the potential impact of withdrawing the following nine ESCs:
- Para 9.8 Notice 708 – Apportionment of works of approved alterations to a qualifying protected building (VAT)
- A94 – Profits and losses of theatre backers (Angels) (Income/Corporation Tax)
- A69 – Building Societies: conversion to company status (Income Tax)
- C1 – Credit for underlying tax: dividends from trade investments in overseas companies (Income/Corporation Tax)
- 6.2 Excise: hydrocarbon oil duties: duty-paid deliveries for refinery boilers (Excise Duty)
- BIM66301 Remuneration of sub-postmasters (Income/Corporation Tax)
- 3.23 VAT: supplies by Financial Ombudsman Services Ltd to ombudsman authorities (VAT)
- 3.28 VAT: supplies by Financial Services Authority to self-regulating organisations (VAT)
- 3.31 VAT: supplies by Financial Services Compensation Scheme Ltd to compensation scheme authorities (VAT)