Teachers' pension scheme: further reform
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
This consultation has concluded
Download the full outcome
Ref: DFE-00611-2014 PDF, 266KB, 20 pages
Teachers’ pension scheme (TPS): further regulations to complete reform: government response (Welsh version)
Ref: DFE-00611-2014W PDF, 307KB, 20 pages
Detail of outcome
Summary of consultation responses and the government’s response to proposed changes to teachers’ pension scheme regulations.
This consultation ran from
We are seeking views on further reforms to the teachers' pension scheme.
PDF, 202KB, 9 pages
PDF, 151KB, 6 pages
PDF, 317KB, 13 pages
PDF, 151KB, 5 pages
PDF, 457KB, 25 pages
PDF, 665KB, 34 pages
PDF, 564KB, 15 pages
PDF, 794KB, 46 pages
PDF, 2.3MB, 87 pages
This consultation seeks views on:
- the developing policy areas not covered in the newly laid Teachers’ Pension Scheme Regulations 2014, specifically scheme valuations and member and employer contribution rates
- amendments to the Teachers’ Pensions Regulations 2010 which are a direct result of the teachers’ pension scheme reforms
On 9 June 2014, we added 2 sets of draft regulations with accompanying explanatory notes to provide greater clarity to the consultation.
For reference, the previous completed consultation on teachers’ pension scheme regulation reform is also available. It includes the consultation and government response documents: ‘Teachers’ Pension Regulations 2014’.
Published: 28 April 2014
Updated: 3 October 2014
- Government response in English and Welsh added.
- Added 5 more downloads about the valuation report.
- Added 2 sets of draft amended regulations and 2 explanatory notes.
- Welsh version of equality analysis document added.
- First published.