Detail of outcome
We received 65 responses to this call for evidence.
The responses have been used to inform the review of serious and organised crime in the waste sector.
We received responses from a range of Police Forces, local authorities, waste consultants, industry and members of the public.
This review is being led by Lizzie Noel and is due to end this month (September 2018).
We would like to know more about the threat and effects of serious and organised crime in the waste sector. We would also like to understand how organisations, such as the Environment Agency, police, local authorities and NCA, respond to the threat.
- what types of crimes are being committed
- who are committing these crimes
- examples of environmental, community and economic effects
- views on how organisations respond to these crimes
- how do you think we can improve prevention and enforcement
The evidence gathered will be used to inform the serious and organised crime in waste sector review.