Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
Interim summary of responses giving the initial findings from the consultation and the next steps towards determining the final response.
Themes arising so far include:
- further clarity on the proposed text of the guidance
- including real world or good practice examples of how to evaluate certain types of service
- differing views on whether “not-for-profit” operators fall within scope of the exemptions in regulation, with a particular focus on the “non-commercial” exemption
We will continue to work to:
- analyse all remaining responses
- determine our final approach to the guidance and draft regulations
We intend to announce our government response in the Autumn.
Asks for comments on proposed changes to law and guidance about who can operate public service vehicles (PSVs) without a PSV licence.
This is based on how the Department for Transport believes EU Regulation 1071/2009 applies to the 1985 Transport Act sections 18 to 23A.