Detail of outcome
The evidence from this consultation informed Dame Christine Lenehan’s independent review of residential special school and colleges ‘Good intentions, good enough?’.
Statutory guidance on visiting children in residential special schools and colleges ‘Statutory visits to children with special educational needs and disabilities or health conditions in long-term residential settings’ is also available.
We're seeking evidence on the experiences and outcomes of children and young people in residential special schools and colleges.
This consultation was held on another website.
This consultation ran from
Dame Christine Lenehan invites evidence about:
- the characteristics of children and young people in residential special schools and colleges
- how and why they come to be placed in this provision
- how they’re supported both pre- and post-placement
- how we can improve experiences and outcomes for them and their families
Published: 23 January 2017
Updated: 6 November 2017
- Updated with links to Dame Christine Lenehan's independent review and statutory guidance.
- First published.