This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
We welcome the views and evidence provided on the need for government intervention in the RDF market. Our response document sets out what we will do next.
Detail of feedback received
We received 47 responses to the call for evidence.
Seeking evidence about the refuse-derived fuel market.
This consultation ran from
We want to know what you think the challenges are in the refuse-derived fuel market and how these might be managed.
This call for evidence aims to fill the gaps in our knowledge of the refuse-derived fuel market. Refuse-derived fuel is fuel produced from waste that has undergone some sort of process, from sorting and bailing to mechanical treatments.
We are asking for evidence from those working in, or with, the energy from waste industry on:
- how this fuel is made and who uses it
- issues with domestic use of refuse derived fuel
- challenges from exporting this type of fuel
- is government action needed to improve the market, particularly in terms of achieving environmental benefits
- if government action is needed, what should we be doing