Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
We recognise the concerns over costs and unintended consequences which many respondents raised. We will:
- consult on whether further protections are needed for micro businesses in non-regulated sectors
- ensure greater focus on the needs of small businesses through our policy statements to Ofgem and Ofwat
- ask the UK Regulators Network to consider the protections needed by small businesses across regulated sectors as part of its work in 2016
- ensure the Small Business Commissioner provides advice and information covering rights when purchasing goods and services
Published: ZIP, 3.92MB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Detail of feedback received
We received 30 responses from:
- micro and small businesses
- medium and large businesses
- business and consumer representative groups
- trade bodies
There were a range of views expressed on the questions asked.
We're asking for evidence on whether micro and/or small businesses are sufficiently protected when purchasing goods and services.
This consultation ran from
We have extended the deadline for responses until 30 June 2015.
We’re asking for evidence on whether:
- the current legislative framework for the sale and supply of goods and services to micro and/or small businesses sufficiently protects them
- there’s a gap in the law
If there is evidence of a gap in the law, we would also like evidence on whether there are:
- potential impacts on costs and benefits of applying certain consumer protections to micro and/or small businesses
- other options
We are interested in hearing from:
- individual firms and their representatives
- trade bodies
- research and academic organisations
- others with experience of analysis in this area
Submissions should be backed up with strong and clear evidence to support any views offered.