This consultation seeks responses to 6 questions about how the inspection of fire and rescue services should be carried out.
Consultation questions as follows:
- What do you think of the proposed approach to FRS inspection that HMICFRS proposes to conduct in the next cycle? How could this be improved?
- Does the draft inspection methodology (annex A) include the right questions to gather evidence for a rounded assessment of fire and rescue services? How could this be improved?
- How best could HMICFRS report on the progress the service has made since the previous inspection?
- What, if any, new or emerging problems for fire and rescue services should HMICFRS take into account in its inspections?
- How else could HMICFRS adapt the way in which it acquires information to take full account of the circumstances of fire and rescue services and of risks to public safety?
- What else should HMICFRS consider doing to make its fire and rescue service assessments as fair as they can be?
Following the closure of the consultation, HM Chief Inspector of Fire & Rescue Services will consider respondents’ views and, if he determines it appropriate to do so, change the proposed inspection programme and framework before putting it to the Home Secretary for approval.
Ways to respond
Chief Operating Officer,
6th floor, Globe House,
89 Eccleston Square,