Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
This document sets out the government’s response to the call for evidence on proposals for a new beneficial ownership register of overseas companies that own UK property or participate in UK government procurement.
It sets out how the government plans to implement the register in the light of the responses to the call for evidence and other views gained through the wider consultation process. It outlines how the policy proposals have developed since April 2017.
Detail of feedback received
The call for evidence received 56 responses from a wide range of stakeholders:
- 21 from representative bodies
- 19 from businesses
- 6 from non-governmental organisations
- 8 from individuals
- 1 from a local government body
- 1 from a Crown Dependency government body
This call for evidence sets out proposals for a new beneficial ownership register of overseas companies that own UK property or participate in UK government procurement. It seeks views on the design of the policy and evidence on the possible effects of the policy.
This call for evidence will be of interest to:
- overseas legal entities which own UK property or are considering buying UK property
- overseas legal entities which are considering participating in UK central government procurement
- professional advisers and service providers for overseas legal entities
- estate agents
- conveyancing solicitors
- civil society and transparency campaigners