Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
We published the government response to this consultation on 11 September 2018.
Detail of feedback received
We published the public feedback to this consultation on 13 August 2019 following a Freedom of Information request.
The regulations amend:
- what a pension scheme’s statement of investment principles must include
- the way trustees prepare and revise the statement
The regulations also require trustees of schemes offering money purchase benefits, subject to certain limited exceptions, to:
- publish the statement of investment principles
- publish an annual report on how they implemented it
- use the annual benefit statement to tell members that the statement is available
This consultation is aimed at:
- pension scheme trustees and managers
- pension scheme members and beneficiaries
- pension scheme service providers, other industry bodies and professionals
- civil society organisations
- any other interested stakeholders
This consultation follows the government’s response to the Law Commission report ‘Pension funds and social investment’.
Short online questionnaire
We’ve provided a short online questionnaire for individuals who might want to comment on the proposals without going into great detail.