This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Download the full outcome
Ref: DFE-00055-2014 PDF, 221KB, 15 pages
Ref: DFE-00056-2014 PDF, 235KB, 16 pages
Detail of outcome
A summary of the consultation responses, the government responses, and next steps to be taken on 3 policy issues:
- the New Fair Deal on public-sector pensions
- increase to member contribution rates
- changes to the regulations in respect of The Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Act 2013
We're consulting on changes to Fair Deal arrangements to the teachers' pension scheme and contributions for the 2014 to 2015 financial year.
This consultation ran from
Fair Deal is a non-statutory policy, issued by Her Majesty’s Treasury (HMT), setting out how pensions are to be dealt with when staff are compulsorily transferred from the public sector to independent providers delivering public services.
The government announced on 4 July 2012 that Fair Deal was to be reformed and the new policy proposal was to extend access to public service pensions.
We are consulting on the structure and rate of member contributions that will take effect from 1 April 2014. These contribution rates deliver the final stage of the government’s commitment to make savings across all public sector pension schemes by increasing the average contribution rate by 3.2%.
The document also contains information on likely textual changes to the scheme that are required as a consequence of the introduction of the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Act 2013.
PDF, 205KB, 10 pages
PDF, 185KB, 6 pages
Published: 12 November 2013
Updated: 4 March 2014
- Government response published.
- Page 5 of 'The Teachers' Pensions (Amendment) Regulations 2014’ doc.has been updated with a corrected reference to Schedule 2.
- Added 'The Teachers' Pensions (Amendment) Regulations 2014' document.
- Added Welsh version of consultation document.
- First published.