The consultation covers the following areas:
- amendments to the local fund valuations from the current 3 year (triennial) to a 4-year (quadrennial) cycle
- a number of measures aimed at mitigating the risks of moving from a triennial to a quadrennial cycle
- proposals for flexibility on exit payments
- proposals for further policy changes to exit credits
- proposals for changes to the employers required to offer local government pension scheme membership
The proposals relate to the Scheme in England and Wales.