Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
The purpose of this consultation was to consider technical changes to the administration of civil parking enforcement.
The government response states that:
- we will proceed with amending the regulations to transfer contravention codes into guidance
- we will not abolish the lower band of penalty charges or enable local authorities to set penalties charges at any level
Detail of feedback received
32 responses were received to this consultation, mainly from local authorities.
Consultation seeking views on introducing a more flexible system for:
- the procedure of setting penalty charge contravention codes
- simplifying penalty charge bands
The changes involve:
- removing the requirement that a new order is made each time the contravention codes are amended
- scrapping the rarely used lower band in penalty charges