Consultation proposing on introducing E10 petrol for UK vehicles.
Unleaded petrol currently contains up to 5% bioethanol, a grade known as E5, whereas E10 petrol contains up to 10% bioethanol and is not currently available.
This consultation is:
- proposing introducing E10 petrol as the 95 octane “Premium” grade
- proposing ensuring the ongoing availability of E5 petrol in the higher octane “Super” grade only
- proposing amending the mandatory labelling of E10 petrol
- launching a call for evidence on future transport biofuels policy
Introducing E10 petrol:
- will reduce CO2 emissions from petrol vehicles
- could help the UK meet emissions reductions targets
This consultation is a result of suggested actions from the E10 and consumer protection government response
This consultation follows our 2018 call for evidence into whether and how E10 could be introduced in the UK.