This initial consultation is intended to gather views from industry, regulators and other interested parties on the timings and criteria for including shale gas production projects in the Nationally Significant Infrastructure Project (NSIP) regime under the Planning Act 2008.
We encourage responses to this consultation from the following in particular:
- onshore oil and gas operators with an interest in developing shale gas production sites
- anyone conducting research or providing advisory services relating to the exploration and development of shale gas resources
- industry bodies, groups or individuals with an interest in the production of onshore shale gas
- regulators dealing with the use, management and protection of onshore shale gas resources
- planning authorities responsible for plan-making and decision taking in relation to planning applications for shale gas projects