Detail of outcome
This consultation has concluded. This consultation was part of the tailored review of the Homes and Communities Agency. Read the complete published review on this website.
The Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) is the national housing, land and regeneration agency; and the regulator of social housing providers in England. The Agency is a non departmental public body sponsored by the Department of Communities and Local Government.
The spending review underlined the priority this government attaches to the ambition to build a million homes this Parliament and to double the number of new homeowners. On 10 February 2016 the Minister of State for Housing and Planning announced a review of the Agency. The Cabinet Office requires all government departments to regularly review their public bodies.
Those wishing to respond should complete this survey by 24 March 2016
This review will ensure that we are well-placed to deliver the government’s objectives. As part of the review we are specifically seeking views on the following questions:
- are the purpose and priorities of the HCA clear to you and correct for the future?
- how effectively does the HCA carry out its functions and how could it do so more effectively to meet future challenges?
- how effectively does the HCA work with customers and partners?
- what skills does the HCA require for the future and, from your experience, does it have these?
- what is your view of how efficient the HCA is in delivering its objectives and can you suggest ways this could improve?
- is there any other feedback on the HCA that you would like to provide to the review team?
Confidentiality and data protection:
Whilst we do not intend to directly attribute remarks in our report without prior permission, you should be aware that confidentiality cannot always be guaranteed. For example, responses, including personal information, may be subject to publication or release in accordance with the access to information regimes (primarily the Freedom of Information Act 2000, the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Environmental Information Regulations 2004).
The review team are not able to answer individual enquiries about the HCA or their work and will not respond to any individual submission.