We are analysing your feedback
Visit this page again soon to download the outcome to this public feedback.
We’re gathering information to help make a decision on where the main site for a new high speed rail college would be best located to meet its aims.
This college will be an important part of the government’s strategy for providing a national high speed rail network for Britain. It will concentrate on designing and delivering the high level skills needed for high speed rail and other major engineering projects of the future, including High Speed 2 (HS2).
The college will run as a national centre, with links to a network of other existing providers and employers in the rail sector. Selecting a location for the main site will be the first important step in its creation. The main requirements for the location include:
- links with employers and other providers in the rail industry
- ease of access for learners
- how the location can help rebalance the economic geography of the country
- size and availability of a suitable site
- affordability and value for money
A final decision on the preferred location is expected in June 2014, and the college is expected to open in 2017.