Detail of outcome
The conclusion to this consultation and the final guidance document have been released. Responses were received from 4 stakeholders, and ORR has responded to all points raised. These include:
- the inclusion of flow-charts for ease of use
- the extension of time-limits to 10 working days
- various points on the scope of application
The final guidance:
- summarises the provisions of the 2016 Access and Management Regulations
- explains the rights and responsibilities of service providers and railway undertakings with regards to access and charging
- sets out ORR’s interpretation of provisions, the process for submission and consideration of appeals
Proposed new guidance to replace the appeals to ORR under the railways infrastructure (access and management) regulations 2005 guidance.
This consultation was held on another website.
This consultation ran from
The law concerning access to rail infrastructure and service facilities, allocation of railway infrastructure capacity and the levying of charges has been consolidated and, in part, changed as a result of the recast of the first railway package.
We are amending our guidance to reflect these changes. We are also widening its scope to cover infrastructure and charges, in addition to access and appeals. We invite your comments on this draft guidance.