Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
A summary of responses, and the government’s response to the consultation on proposed changes to the firefighters’ pension schemes in England.
This consultation sets out a number of proposed changes to the firefighters’ pension scheme and new firefighters’ pension scheme.
It includes the following key proposals:
- the removal of rule A14, compulsory retirement on the grounds of efficiency
- changes to the indexation of additional pension benefits
- changes to the maximum communtation payment
- proposals to deal with potential age discrimination
- amendments to the medical and non-medical appeals processes
- abatement of pensions
- technical amendments and alignments with tax legislation