Closed consultation

Exchange of driving licences issued in the Cayman Islands

We are analysing your feedback

Visit this page again soon to download the outcome to this public feedback.


This consultation seeks your views on allowing drivers who hold a licence to drive cars and light motorcycles which was issued originally in the Cayman Islands to exchange it for a British equivalent, if the driver becomes resident in Great Britain.

This consultation ran from

Consultation description

This change will apply in England, Scotland and Wales only. Driver licensing is a devolved matter in Northern Ireland. The Northern Ireland Assembly may choose to amend the law in Northern Ireland in due course.


Consultation on exchange of driving licences issued in the Cayman Islands

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Published 1 August 2017