Detail of outcome
The proposed extra exemptions to Driver CPC will be introduced.
This consultation ran from to
Give your views on proposed changes which would widen the scope of Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) exemptions.
The Driving Standards Agency wants to know what you think about 2 proposals to widen the scope of Driver CPC exemptions.
- exempt drivers of vehicles attending a Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) test centre (including VOSA authorised testing facilities)
exempt drivers of a vehicle that’s being driven with the permission of the vehicle operator or lessor and where the following 4 extra conditions are also met:
- within 50 kilometres of the driver’s base
- no goods or passengers are carried
- the vehicle is not being used for ‘hire or reward’
- driving such vehicles is not the driver’s main activity