We are analysing your feedback
Visit this page again soon to download the outcome to this public feedback.
HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) is committed to ensuring that equality of opportunity is an integral part of everything that we do.
We want our workforce to reflect and understand the diversity of our customers and to develop and use the collective experience of that diverse workforce to deliver a high quality service.
That commitment to equality means that we must meet our responsibilities under section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998 by promoting equality of opportunity and good relations. This scheme sets out how we aim to do that.
Our commitment to equality is integral to our organisation and our transactions with our customers. We want everyone who works in HMRC to understand and meet their responsibilities under the Northern Ireland Equality Scheme.
We take our duties seriously as an employer, and good diversity management benefits all our employees.
You can read:
- the draft Northern Ireland Equality Scheme (pdf)
- an accessible version of the draft Northern Ireland Equality Scheme - this includes the same information as the pdf version, but is more accessible for users of assistive technology such as screen readers
The list below may help you to structure your feedback, but if you would prefer to provide general comments, or limit your feedback to particular areas, please do so.
We welcome your views on:
- our arrangements for assessing our compliance with the 1998 Northern Ireland Act, section 75 duties (Chapter 2)
- our arrangements for reporting (Chapter 2)
- our arrangements for consulting (Chapter 3)
- our arrangements for assessing, monitoring and publishing the impact of policies (Chapter 4)
- our equality analysis processes (Chapter 4)
- our plans for training and raising awareness to promote the scheme (Chapter 5)
- our arrangements to ensure our information and services are accessible to everyone (Chapter 6)
- our complaints procedure (Chapter 8)
- the equality analysis template (Appendix 4)