This consultation seeks views on proposals to improve the National Employment Savings Trust (NEST) pension scheme for the benefit of employers and members.
This consultation closes at
The proposed changes will:
- allow participating employers to contractually enrol their employees in the National Employment Savings Trust (NEST) pension scheme
- clarify that individuals may join NEST in the event of a ‘bulk transfer with consent’ and require that any amount must be applied to a member’s account as a result of a bulk transfer
- give NEST Corporation the ability to close members’ pension accounts that have zero funds if certain conditions are met
- require NEST Corporation to carry out research with scheme members and participating employers and their representatives, in connection with the operation, development or amendment of the scheme
We would particularly welcome responses from:
- employers and representative organisations
- legal advisers
- pensions industry bodies and professionals
- trustees and scheme managers
- other interested stakeholder groups
PDF, 229KB, 11 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Ways to respond
NEST Policy Team
Level 1, Caxton House
Published: 7 November 2017