Defined benefit pension schemes: security and sustainability
This consultation closes at
We are seeking views on a number of suggested measures to help ensure security and sustainability in defined benefit (DB) pension schemes.
Ref: ISBN 9781474140584, Cm 9412 PDF, 2.38MB, 106 pages
Ref: ISBN 9781474140577, Cm 9412 PDF, 2.38MB, 106 pages
PDF, 165KB, 7 pages
This consultation seeks views on a number of suggested measures to help ensure a secure and sustainable defined benefit (DB) pension schemes sector. It covers a number of areas across:
- funding and investment
- employer contributions and affordability
- member protection
- consolidation of DB schemes
The consultation relates only to private sector DB schemes and is not concerned with other types of pension provision, such as public service pension schemes or other DB schemes.
This consultation is aimed at:
- members of DB pension schemes
- pensions professionals
Ways to respond
Published: 20 February 2017
Updated: 20 March 2017
- Added a link to the "Respond online" option.
- Amended labeling to Figure 2 on page 21 in 'Security and Sustainability in Defined Benefit Pension Schemes' and print-ready PDF. Also amended third bullet point on page 28, para 106 so it refers to Figure 9 instead of Figure 8.
- First published.