Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
There were 107 substantial responses to the consultation.
The code of practice was amended following the consultation. The revised code of practice, government response and impact assessment are available above.
This consultation seeks your views on the content of a code of practice governing the use of CCTV systems and other similar surveillance camera systems. The aim is to develop a document which will be useful to those using such systems by helping them:
- decide whether such use is necessary
- know how to get the best out of the systems
- inform the public on how these systems should be used
The content of the code has not yet been decided but some areas the consultation includes are:
- establishing industry and professional standards for equipment and operators
- strengthening guidance on the retention and use of images
- improving information about surveillance systems
We are interested to know what you think and whether you have any other suggestions for information that should be included.
The consultation period is 12 weeks.