Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
We received 162 responses to the formal consultation. The majority of respondents supported our proposals and as a result changes will be made to the way inspection results of schools are presented in our statistical releases. The changes are as follows:
- grades of predecessor schools will now be included and shown as a new line in some charts
- university technical colleges and studio schools will be shown on their own line
- we will refer to ‘state-funded schools’ rather than ‘maintained schools and academies’
This report sets out the findings of the consultation and explains the changes that will be made.
This consultation seeks your views on proposed new arrangements for the reporting of maintained school and academy inspection outcomes, namely:
- making the data more comprehensive and accessible
- changing the presentation of some of the aggregated analysis
- minor changes to releases to improve naming and usability
The consultation document and questionnaire
The consultation questionnaire can be found at the back of the consultation document. The document is available in two formats:
- the Word version of the questionnaire can be filled in by hand or on your computer
- the PDF version of the questionnaire can be filled in by hand
You can also download the consultation document in either format and then complete the online questionnaire.