Detail of outcome
Combined summary of responses to the 2012 consultation on changes to the building regulations.
This consultation ran from 31 January 2012 12:00am to
27 April 2012 11:45pm
Consultation about changes to the building regulations building control system.
This consultation paper sets out the detailed proposals on the building control system, and is section 4 of 4 relating to the 2012 building regulations consultation exercise.
Section 4 includes proposals on:
- improving local authority building control processes
- improving private sector approved inspector arrangements, including removing the warranty link rule
- strengthening enforcement
- extending the competent person self-certification schemes framework and introducing specialist third-party certification schemes
- introducing ‘appointed persons’ to act as compliance co-ordinators on construction sites
The other consultation sections are: