Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
Combined summary of responses to the 2012 consultation on changes to the building regulations.
This consultation paper sets out the detailed proposals on the building control system, and is section 4 of 4 relating to the 2012 building regulations consultation exercise.
Section 4 includes proposals on:
- improving local authority building control processes
- improving private sector approved inspector arrangements, including removing the warranty link rule
- strengthening enforcement
- extending the competent person self-certification schemes framework and introducing specialist third-party certification schemes
- introducing ‘appointed persons’ to act as compliance co-ordinators on construction sites
The other consultation sections are: