Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
This report summarises the responses to Ofsted’s ‘Better inspection for all’ consultation, which ran from 9 October to 5 December 2014. We sought to gather the views of all interested parties and the consultation was open to the general public. We consulted on the following proposals for changes to inspection, to be introduced in September 2015:
- Proposal 1: a Common Inspection Framework for all early years settings on the Early Years Register, maintained schools and academies, non-association independent schools and further education (FE) and skills providers.
- Proposal 2: short inspections for maintained schools, academies and FE and skills providers that were judged good at their last full inspection. These short inspections would be conducted approximately every three years.
- Proposal 3: conducting a full inspection of non-association independent schools within a three-year period.
- How we inspect and how to gather evidence.
This is a consultation on Ofsted’s proposals for a new framework for the inspection of maintained schools, academies, further education and skills providers, non-association independent schools and registered early years settings.
We are seeking the widest possible range of views from those who have an interest in these different types of providers to ensure that the new inspection framework takes proper account of the needs and circumstances of all interested parties.
The consultation and questionnaire documents
The consultation documents are available in two formats:
- the Word version of the questionnaire can be filled in by hand or on your computer
- the PDF version of the questionnaire can be filled in by hand.
You can also download the consultation document in either format and then complete the online questionnaire.