Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
This report sets out how the Highways Agency has carried out pre-application consultation on the scheme, how this consultation complies with the requirements under the Planning Act 2008, the relevant responses received and the account which the Highways Agency took of those responses in developing the scheme.
The Highways Agency aims to improve 7.5 kilometres (4.7 miles) of the A556 trunk road in Cheshire between M6 junction 19 near Knutsford, Cheshire and M56 junction 7 near Bowdon, Greater Manchester.
This scheme would improve the route to a consistent standard of modern dual carriageway. We want to make sure that people have the opportunity to fully understand the scheme and comment on our proposals and are seeking views from the following groups:
- the local community
- local interest groups
- road users
- Consultation leaflet: providing a brief overview (PDF, 150KB)
- Preliminary environmental information: non-technical summary (PDF, 1MB)
- Preliminary environmental information (PDF, 2MB)
- Design Manual for Roads and Bridges stage 3 scheme assessment report (PDF, 3MB)
- Junction options comparative assessment report (PDF, 1MB)