These indicators measure progress against themes identified in the ‘Food 2030’ strategy as the main issues for a sustainable food system. These themes are:
- encouraging and enabling people to eat a healthy, sustainable diet
- having a resilient and economically sustainable food system
- increasing food production sustainably
- reducing the food system’s greenhouse gas emissions
- reducing, reusing and reprocessing waste
- having the appropriate research, skills, knowledge and technology
Details of the indicators that have been published so far can be found on the National Archive.