End User Devices Security and Configuration Guidance
This collection was withdrawn on
This content has been moved to the NCSC website: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/guidance/end-user-device-security
Configuration guidance for the use of a wide range of mobile platforms for remote working at OFFICIAL
This guidance is for public sector organisations to follow when deploying end user devices for remote working at OFFICIAL. Additional guidance is available for departments considering a ‘Bring Your Own Device’ (BYOD) approach or deploying web browsers.
Please send any feedback to the address email@example.com.
You can subscribe to updates for this and all CESG publications to receive alerts by email when documents are changed or replaced.
Published: 14 October 2013
Updated: 23 November 2015
- Added Windows 10 guidance
- Added iOS 9, OS X 10.11 and Android 5.x guidance
- Added expected dates for forthcoming guidance
- Added BlackBerry 10.3 guidance document
- Published "Obsolete platforms security guidance"
- Added new explanatory videos.
- Added Ubuntu 14.04 and Becrypt tVolution. Moved Good For Enterprise to the BYOD Guidance page.
- Added explanatory video
- Updated Samsung Knox and Windows Phone guidance
- Added iOS 8 and OS X 10.10 documents, and added link to browser guidance.
- Added reference to BYOD guidance
- Added application development guidance
- Added several new and updated platforms
- Added Samsung KNOX guidance
- Added Windows XP End of Support guidance
- Added the new platforms and moved older platforms into a separate section
- Addition of Good for Enterprise Security Guidance
- First published.