Early years census: closed collections
Documents for software suppliers and anyone else interested in past early years census data collections.
If you are looking for documents for the current early years census collection, visit our guide to submitting data for the early years census.
The documents on this page relate to recently closed early years census collections, including:
- the scope of the return
- technical specifications
- what data local authorities needed to submit
You can find documents from earlier early years census collections on the National Archives website. Note: the search function is not available on archived content so please use the filters on the left of each page.
2016 census information
2015 census information
2014 census information
Published: 21 November 2013
Updated: 12 August 2016
- Added 2016 guide for local authorities and technical specification.
- This page now only contains documents relating to closed early years census collections.
- Added the 'Early years census 2015: local authority COLLECT guide' document.
- Added 'Early years census 2015: technical specification'.
- Added information about calculating and adjusting full-time equivalent (FTE) places as part of early years census 2014.
- Added: COLLECT guide for local authorities (version 1.0)
- Early years census 2014: CSV to XML converter spreadsheet (version 1.0) published
- First published.
From: Department for Education