Get an electronic visa waiver to enter the UK

You can get an electronic visa waiver (EVW) instead of a visa if you are a national of Kuwait, Oman, Qatar or the United Arab Emirates. You must pay £30 for an EVW.

An EVW lets you visit the UK for up to 6 months for tourism, business, study or medical treatment. If you’re visiting for another reason, check if you need a visa instead.

You must apply between 3 months and 48 hours before you travel.

To apply you need:

  • your current passport
  • an address in the UK where you will stay
  • details of your journey, including departure and arrival dates and times

Before you apply

You must enter your personal details so they match your passport exactly. This includes any punctuation, for example spaces, hyphens, apostrophes or full stops.

Your travel details must also be exactly right.

You will not be allowed to travel if your personal or travel details are wrong.

Each person travelling needs their own EVW, including children.

If someone applies on your behalf, they must enter their own contact details as well as yours.

After you apply

You’ll get an email within 24 hours with a link to download your EVW.

Show your EVW when you travel to the UK. You can print it or show it on an electronic device, such as a phone or tablet.

You cannot use your EVW to:

  • work in the UK
  • get married or register a civil partnership

Your EVW will only let you enter the UK once. You must get another EVW or a visa if you want to enter the UK again.

Changes to your travel plans

You must change your travel details on your EVW if you:

  • decide to travel at a different time
  • leave from or arrive at a different airport, port or train station than planned
  • arrive in the UK more than 8 hours later than planned

You’ll need your EVW number and your date of birth to change your details.

  1. Step 1 Check if you need a visa

    Depending on the country you're from, you might be able to visit the UK without a visa or by applying for a visa waiver.

    1. Check if you need a visa
  2. Step 2 Apply for a visa

  3. or Apply for an EEA family permit

    You may be able to visit on an EEA family permit if you have a family member who is a citizen of:

    • an EU country
    • Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland
    1. Check if you can apply for an EEA family permit
  4. or Apply for a visa waiver

    Apply for a visa waiver if you're a national of:

    • Kuwait
    • Oman
    • Qatar
    • the United Arab Emirates
    1. You are currently viewing: Apply for a visa waiver £30
  5. Step 3 Check what you can bring with you

  6. Step 4 Check what you need to show at the UK border