Apply for this licence

Start now on the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development website


You must apply for a master certificate if you intend to market forest reproductive material which you own.

You must apply within 9 months of having collected the material. It must have been collected from approved basic material.

Basic material is one of the following types:

  • seed sources
  • stands
  • seed orchards
  • parents of families
  • clones
  • clonal mixtures

How to apply

Download an application form from the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (DARD) website. You need to sumbit your form to Forest Service, part of DARD.

You must provide the following details:

  • your name, address and contact details
  • description of the forest reproductive material collected including botanical name, name and category, and quantity of material
  • type of basic material from which it derived
  • unique register reference for the basic material from which derived
  • any other information requested

Non-owners of the material can also apply, provided they have the owner’s written authority.