Apply for this licence

Start now on the Food Standards Agency website


If you prepare or manufacture food and wish to treat it with irradiation you must hold a licence from the Food Standards Agency.

Applications must be in writing and contain specific information including details of each food that you propose to irradiate and details of the methods to be used.

A licence will contain your name and the address of the licensed food facility. It will also detail the licence number, a description of each food the licence applies to, the valid from and to date of the licence and may contain conditions.