Apply for this licence
Start now on the Police Service of Northern Ireland website (PDF, 348KB)
You must be authorised by the police to operate a firearms club in Northern Ireland.
How to apply
Download an application form from the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) website.
Applications should be made by the club secretary. You must include a copy of the current constitution and/or rules of your club with the application.
You’ll need to provide:
- the name and address of firearms club
- the number of members in your club
- details of club officers
- details of all firing ranges used regularly
- the type and calibre of firearms used
- details of all firearms owned by your club
- the calibre and quantity of ammunition authorised to be held by your club
- your club’s firearm certificate
- a summary of club activity including international body memberships
- details of any regular club meetings
You must also include plans, details and planning permission of your indoor and/or outdoor firing ranges if this is your first application.
You need to complete a form giving details of all members entitled to shoot at your club. This can also be downloaded from the PSNI website.
Completed applications should be returned to the explosives office of your local police station.
Fines and penalties
It is a criminal offence to operate a firearms club without authorisation.