Contact your local council to find out about:
- registered childminders in your area
- becoming a childcare provider or childminder
- early years education and family support
What you need to know
- Available in England and Wales only
Part of Get childcare: step by step
Step 1: Find out if you can get help with childcare costs
You can only get help with 'approved childcare'.
and Find where you can get childcare
Step 2: Get help paying for childcare
You can get help with childcare costs for children under 18. You might be able to apply for:
You could also get free hours childcare when your child is aged 2 to 4. You might be able to apply for:
- free education and childcare for 2 year olds
- 15 hours free childcare for 3 to 4 year olds
- free childcare if you're working
You can only get childcare vouchers if you have already joined a scheme.
Step 3: Check what to do if your circumstances change
Tell government straight away if your circumstances change and you're getting:
If you're getting free childcare if you're working or Tax-Free Childcare you have to confirm if your details are up to date every 3 months.
Your eligibility for support with childcare costs might also change.
Step 4: Check what to do when your child reaches school age