Use the Prisoner Location Service to find people in prison when you do not know which prison they are in.
The prisoner must give their permission for their information to be shared, unless you belong to certain organisations such as the police or a solicitors’ firm.
You can only use this service to find someone in an English or Welsh prison.
Include as much of the following as you can:
- your name, or the organisation you represent
- your date of birth
- your address including postcode
- name of the person you want to find
- the reason you want to find them - for example you’re their solicitor, or a family member
- any other names they may have used
- their date of birth