Expenses and benefits: offshore transfers in the oil and gas industries

As an employer in the oil and gas sector, you regularly cover the expense of transporting employees between the mainland and their permanent workplace on an offshore rig or similar installation.

What to report and pay

You don’t need to report these expenses to HMRC or to pay tax or National Insurance on them.

Technical guidance

The following guides contain more detailed information: