Expenses and benefits: incidental overnight expenses

What's exempt

You don’t have to report or pay anything to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) if you pay no more than:

  • £5 per night for travel within the UK
  • £10 per night for travel outside of the UK

Salary sacrifice arrangements

You do have to report the incidental overnight expenses if they are part of a salary sacrifice arrangement.