Statutory Sick Pay (SSP): employer guide

Skip to contents of guide

Help with sick pay

Reclaiming Statutory Sick Pay

You may be able to reclaim Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) if your employee is off work because of coronavirus.

If you’re insolvent

HMRC will pay SSP for any employee who continues to work for you if they were sick when you became insolvent. Tell your employee to contact the Statutory Payment Disputes Team.

Statutory Payment Disputes Team
Telephone: 03000 560 630
Find out about call charges.

If their sickness continues and you terminate their contract, give them a completed SSP1 form so they can claim Employment and Support Allowance instead.