Apply for this licence

Start now on the Educational Recording Agency website


You need a licence from the Educational Recording Agency (ERA) to use television or radio broadcast material for non-commercial educational purposes in an educational establishment.

You do not need a licence to use Open University broadcasts.

Most educational establishments in the UK are already licensed, either by individual licence or as part of a blanket licence agreement.