- Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency
- 12 February 2015
- Last updated:
- 16 February 2015, see all updates
- Therapeutic area:
- Anaesthesia and intensive care, Cancer, Cardiovascular disease and lipidology, Dermatology, Infectious disease Nutrition and dietetics, Obstetrics, gynaecology and fertility, Paediatrics and neonatology, Radiology and imaging, and Respiratory disease and allergy
Since November 2014, letters were sent regarding vismodegib (Erivedge ▼), chlorhexidine solutions, carbocisteine oral liquid (Mucodyne Paediatric 125mg/5ml), regadenoson (Rapiscan), a parenteral nutrition emulsion (Triomel), and telavancin (Vibativ▼).
In each issue of Drug Safety Update we will now summarise drug safety letters sent to healthcare professionals that are not linked to their own Drug Safety Update article. Since November 2014, letters were sent regarding:
- telavancin (Vibativ▼): recommendations for use and important risks (nephrotoxicity, QTc prolongation, reproductive toxicity and off-label use) – sent by Clinigen on 12 November 2014
- parenteral nutrition emulsion (Triomel): medication errors - reminder of the importance of correct preparation and administration – sent by Baxter on 14 November 2014
- .Metoclopramide: updated indications and posology to minimise risk of (mainly neurological) adverse effects – sent by multiple licence-holders on 12 December 2014
- regadenoson (Rapiscan): New important advice to minimise the risk of cerebrovascular accident and prolongation of Rapiscan-induced seizures following administration of aminophylline – sent by Rapidscan Pharma Solutions on 19 December 2014
- carbocisteine oral liquid (Mucodyne Paediatric 125mg/5ml) will not be available after April 2015 – sent by Sanofi on 22 January 2015
- .chlorhexidine solutions: risk of chemical burn injury to skin in premature infants – sent by the MHRA on 29 January 2015
- vismodegib (Erivedge ▼): important changes to the management of the UK pregnancy prevention programme to minimise the risk of teratogenicity – sent by Roche in January 2015.
Article citation: Drug Safety Update volume 8 issue 7, February 2015: 4
Published: 12 February 2015
Updated: 16 February 2015
- Published to website
- First published.
Therapeutic area: Anaesthesia and intensive care Cancer Cardiovascular disease and lipidology Dermatology Infectious disease Nutrition and dietetics Obstetrics, gynaecology and fertility Paediatrics and neonatology Radiology and imaging Respiratory disease and allergy