- Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency
- 30 March 2015
- Therapeutic area:
- Cancer, Cardiovascular disease and lipidology, Dermatology, Endocrinology, diabetology and metabolism, Immunology and vaccination Immunosuppression and transplantation, Infectious disease, Nutrition and dietetics, Obstetrics, gynaecology and fertility, Ophthalmology, Pain management and palliation, Psychiatry, Respiratory disease and allergy, and Rheumatology
The new module helps clinicians understand how to identify, manage and avoid side effects when using corticosteroids.
The interactive module is presented on our dedicated platform for tracking and organising learning.
Designed for clinical practitioners, the module covers:
- recognition of commonly used corticosteroids
- important corticosteroid adverse effects
- factors that increase the risk of adverse effects
- how clinicians and patients can reduce the risk
- specific treatment of the adverse effect
Used with authoritative clinical information and treatment guidelines, this module is a key practical aid to doctors, pharmacists and nurses.
The module incorporates interactive knowledge-check exercises to consolidate learning. You will be able to download evidence of your learning on successfully completing an assessed quiz.
The learning module on corticosteroids has been approved for up to 2 continuing professional development (CPD) credits by the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Medicine of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom.
Access the full range of MHRA learning modules.
Article citation: Drug Safety Update volume 8 issue 8 March 2015: 3
Published: 30 March 2015
Therapeutic area: Cancer Cardiovascular disease and lipidology Dermatology Endocrinology, diabetology and metabolism Immunology and vaccination Immunosuppression and transplantation Infectious disease Nutrition and dietetics Obstetrics, gynaecology and fertility Ophthalmology Pain management and palliation Psychiatry Respiratory disease and allergy Rheumatology