The interactive module is presented on our dedicated platform for tracking and organising learning.
Designed for clinical practitioners, the module covers:
- recognition of commonly used corticosteroids
- important corticosteroid adverse effects
- factors that increase the risk of adverse effects
- how clinicians and patients can reduce the risk
- specific treatment of the adverse effect
Used with authoritative clinical information and treatment guidelines, this module is a key practical aid to doctors, pharmacists and nurses.
The module incorporates interactive knowledge-check exercises to consolidate learning. You will be able to download evidence of your learning on successfully completing an assessed quiz.
The learning module on corticosteroids has been approved for up to 2 continuing professional development (CPD) credits by the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Medicine of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom.
Access the full range of MHRA learning modules.
Article citation: Drug Safety Update volume 8 issue 8 March 2015: 3