You must prove that you:

  • are 18 or older
  • have worked for your employer for at least 1 year
  • work in the same household as your employer or one they use regularly
  • plan to travel to the UK with your employer, their partner or children
  • intend to work as a full-time domestic worker in a UK household your employer will live in
  • plan to leave the UK at the end of 6 months or at the same time as your employer, whichever is sooner
  • are able to support yourself in the UK without the need for public funds

Your employer

Your employer must be either a:

  • British or European Economic Area (EEA) national who usually lives outside the UK and who does not intend to remain in the UK for more than six months
  • foreign national who is coming to the UK on a visit and who does not intend to remain for more than 6 months

Your employer must also pay you at least the national minimum wage.

You could lose your visa if your employer breaks any immigration laws while in the UK.