Aimed at Water Affairs Bureaus and references other documents which describe practical approaches for introducing methods of water saving
This document outlines recommended approaches for saving water in irrigated agriculture, as part of establishment of a Water Saving Society.
It has the following sections:
- administrative measures - norms, rights and permits
- economic tools - water resource fees and service charges
- technical measures related to water use efficiency
- social change tools - participation and awareness
- incentive to promote and adopt water saving
It should be read in conjunction with Advisory Note 3.1.1 - Agricultural Water Saving Techniques and Advisory Note 3.1.2 - Practical Techniques for On-Farm Water Saving.
WRDMAP. Water Saving in Irrigated Agriculture [Thematic Paper 3.1]. WRDMAP, China (2010) 32 pp