This document outlines recommended approaches for saving water in irrigated agriculture, as part of establishment of a Water Saving Society.
It has the following sections:
- administrative measures - norms, rights and permits
- economic tools - water resource fees and service charges
- technical measures related to water use efficiency
- social change tools - participation and awareness
- incentive to promote and adopt water saving
It should be read in conjunction with Advisory Note 3.1.1 - Agricultural Water Saving Techniques and Advisory Note 3.1.2 - Practical Techniques for On-Farm Water Saving.
WRDMAP. Water Saving in Irrigated Agriculture [Thematic Paper 3.1]. WRDMAP, China (2010) 32 pp