Urban infrastructure in Sub-Saharan Africa – harnessing land values, housing and transport. Inception Report: Conceptual Framework Extract.
This document comprises the project team's proposed conceptual framework, extracted from the Inception Report. It will be tested during the implementation phase. The document covers:
- Purpose of this conceptual framework
- The nature of land value capture
- Land value capture and the property market
- Land value capture related to urban development
- The mechanics of property markets
- Land markets related to land ownership and tenure
- The nature of infrastructure
- Overview of infrastructure finance instruments
- Capital finance instruments which are not property related
- Instruments to raise recurrent revenue which are property related
African Centre for Cities. Urban infrastructure in Sub-Saharan Africa &#8211; harnessing land values, housing and transport. Inception Report: Conceptual Framework Extract. African Centre for Cities, University of Cape Town, Rondebosch, South Africa (2013) 20 pp.