This Topic Guide is an introductory guide for economists on privatisation in developing countries. It provides the reader with an introduction to the economic theory and key concepts behind decisions on the ownership and management of goods and services.
The Guide comprises the following chapters:
- Introduction: evolution of the debate on privatisation
- Economic theory on private and public ownership
- Privatisation trends: stylized facts
- Regulation and competition
- Effects of privatisation: efficiency and firm performance
- Privatisation process: Distributional impacts
- Policy Implications
Estrin, S.; Pelletier, A. Topic Guide. Privatisation in developing countries: What are the lessons of experience? EPS-PEAKS, UK (2015) iii + 50 pp.